Cara Construction are seeking a permanent Senior Estimator to join the team, working from their Head Office in Irlam. Projects mainly comprise of Groundworks/Civils schemes with values up to circa £10m.
The is a permanent position with duties including but not limited to:
• Management of enquiries and invitation to tender’s from start to finish, within allocated deadlines
• Assessing and reviewing all tender information received and attend any site visits or pre-tender meetings
• Preparing tender programmes and submission documents
• Compiling detailed job costs
• Compiling and submitting all bid documents
• Compiling final pricing in required format
• Undertaking detailed commercial reviews with senior management prior to tender submission
The candidate will need proven experience of Estimating and ideally be from a Civils background. You will need to have keen attention to detail, and be able to understand engineering specifications, work scopes and drawings. You must have fantastic maths and IT skills, and be able to cope with a fluctuating workload, often working under pressure and to strict deadlines.
In return, you will receive a competitive salary, dependant on experience, work a 5 day week with some flexibility. There is onsite parking and the possibility of a company car/ car allowance, 22 days holiday of which 7 days have to be retained for the Christmas shut down.