Cara Construction is a well-established and reputable Groundworks/Civils contractor with a core business comprising of Commercial and Residential projects with values up to circa £10m.
An excellent opportunity has arisen for an Assistant Estimator to join our team, duties will include:
• Taking off from drawings and preparing schedules of quantities
• Preparing ‘Plot’ prices for residential schemes
• Assessing/reviewing tender information and attending site visits or pre-tender meetings
• Assist in preparing tender programmes and submission/bid documents
• Chasing price enquiries
• Liaising with clients/subcontracts and suppliers
• Ad hoc administrative duties
Ideally you will have 2 years (min) experience of Estimating and be from a Civils background. Keen attention to detail, the ability to understand engineering specifications, ground investigation reports, work scopes and drawings is essential. Excellent maths and IT skills are required along with the ability to work under pressure, to strict deadlines and cope with a fluctuating workload. You will be proactive, able to use your own initiative and also work well as a team.
In return, you will receive a competitive salary (DOE) and Company Pension.
Send your CV to email@example.com