Cara Constructions’ core business comprises Groundworks/Civils on Commercial and Residential projects valued, up to circa £10m. We are currently looking to recruit a Senior Estimator to join our Head Office team in Irlam.
Duties will include:
• Taking off from drawings and preparing schedules of quantities.
• Preparing ‘Plot’ prices for residential schemes.
• Management of enquiries and invitation to tender’s from start to finish, within allocated deadlines
• Assessing and reviewing all tender information received and attend any site visits or pre-tender meetings
• Prepare tender programmes and submission documents.
• Compile and submit all bid documents.
• Compile final pricing in required format.
• Undertake detailed commercial review with senior management prior to submission of tender to the client.
The candidate will need a minimum of 10 years, proven experience of Estimating and be from a Civils background. Attention to detail and the ability to understand engineering specifications, ground investigation reports, work scopes and drawings is essential. You must be able to cope with a fluctuating workload, working under pressure and to strict deadlines.
In return, you will receive a competitive salary (DOE), company car/car allowance, workplace pension scheme and 26 days holiday, 7 of which must be retained for the Christmas period shut down.